BBB Tom is pooping runny, bright yellow/green, panting, plucking self

ChurkLover

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 9, 2010
St. Louis
My broad breasted bronze Tom was having trouble walking a few days ago. He would go a few steps, then flap his wings and lose balance before falling to a stop. His poop has gotten very runny and yellow/green the last two days. He is panting very heavily past few days (even before it warmed up to upper 80's today) and he pretty much lays there all day. He will stand up and take a few steps but then right back down. I have noticed him, while standing and laying, plucking himself on his belly, pulling the feathers out. Does anyone know what he is doing? He is eating and drinking okay. It looks like his left side may be getting a little paralized as his wing hangs low when he stands, but I am not sure. Can anyone tell me what may be wrong with him...he is an awesome bird and I hate to lose him already...he is a year old and my kids love him! I was reading some other posts...could this be botulism and if so, how do I treat it?

Last edited:
Ok...his poop is now like water and he is drooling a little bit, still breathing heavy and his color is not as bright on his head...any ideas?

Im not sure what to suggest.. hopefully, someone on here will pop up and know what to do.

I would probably try to make sure he's hydrated and getting nutrition maybe via vitamins and electrolytes but, you said he was eating and drinking
idunno.gif

Maybe google a bit and see what pops up. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom