BCM Gender

Apr 17, 2022
Southern West Virginia
Hello all, I'm looking for confirmation for what I already think I know....this BCM "pullet" is not a pullet at all is it?
Feedback is greatly appreciated!
20220513_080636.jpg
20220517_183416.jpg
20220514_082919.jpg

Are all 3 photos the same bird? I see penciling and copper at the hackles on the first 1, but the bottom 3rd one is all black.

Assuming what...about 8 weeks?

Bottom 3rd photo is clearly a cockerel.

LofMc
All are same bird, all taken in the last week (different times of day) and the section of run closest to coop is covered so no natural light could be why it looks all black sitting in the door. The hatchery I bought them from said they hatched on April 4th so 6 weeks old or in the 7th week of life. I'm still new and not sure which is proper age.

All are same bird, all taken in the last week (different times of day) and the section of run closest to coop is covered so no natural light could be why it looks all black sitting in the door. The hatchery I bought them from said they hatched on April 4th so 6 weeks old or in the 7th week of life. I'm still new and not sure which is proper age.

Absolutely positively a cockerel. Marans boys telecast very early. That size comb is cockerel through and through.

LofMc

Back
Top Bottom