Be honest, how often do you...

uuummm
big_smile.png
a bunch! LOL Glass of wine in evening and Coffee in the morning sounds like a GREAT idea. Think I'm going to have to try that one.

Quote:
LOL, yep! I'm so used to it I forgot it was odd! Named after Curious George, cause she's always into everything!!! Here she is checking out our work while we were building the brooder pen.

18203_george_checking2.jpg

18203_george_checking.jpg

I only check once a day. I leave at 7am and I get back at 5:00 pm. When I'm done with all the chores (feeding, watering, etc.), I check for eggs at that time. It's the last thing that I do when I'm outside.

I like the idea of chillin' out there watching the chickens. I need to study but can't get any peace and quiet in my house. I think I'll take my books and head out to chill by the run.
smile.png
No need to check for eggs, just did it.
wink.png

It is dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home - so if I can check once in a day, that is great. I look for eggs by flashlight.

I only get to check in the morning's when I let them out, about 6:30. Otherwise my kids beat me to it when they get home from school.
sad.png
Of course weekends aren't any better, they beat me out there and check several times a day.
hmm.png

I check after I get home from work and sometimes I go home during lunch and check then. They don't lay in their nest boxes in the coop so I have three places in the yard that I check where they like to lay - one does it under a blackberry bush, one in a potted plant (unless my dog finds this one first!) and two in a plastic bin I turned into a makeshift nest box. It's more like an Easter egg hunt this way!

Lots! It starts with coffee in the morning. I leave my cup on a ledge in the barn, let the chickens out of their pen and feed the cows. Then I scatter 1/2 a coffee can of wet cob for the chickens, do a head count, drink my coffee and enjoy the start of my day. I collect the morning eggs and head back to the house for more chores.

I messed up my left hip awhile back and the doc said that frequent short walks would be good for me so I tell myself all the trips out to the coop during the day are therapy and not chicken addiction.
D.gif
love.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom