Bear attack!

You need to call your local fish and wildlife or the local Deputies and find out who takes care or relocating the Bear and maybe the state can put him on some BLM property to eat trespassers ....

You are very lucky to live in an area that has Bears enjoy it wile you can ....

Lots of bear eaters in this flock! Lol
I live in Maine and many eat bear, but this vegetarian may have another option for you. ;)
Id first set up a game camera-be sure of what animal you are dealing with. Then contact your state department of wildlife and they may perhaps set up a trap and if the animal gets stuck in it, they could come tranquilize it and set it free elsewhere.

Last edited:
Bear is greasy but tasty none the less. You'll need a .30-06 or bigger rifle to put it down. Preferably a .300 Win Mag or a .338 Win Mag should drop it dead. A .45-70 will sent it home quick as well. Kill the bear! Bears are the worst at revisiting a favorite food source. Now the chickens are gone, they will root around your property, trash and whatever else looking for food. This has moved from a bird safety to personal safety. Only good bear around people is a dead bear. If someone else thinks different, volunteer to wait outside tonight to have a chat with said bear!
If we are talking black bear, which we most likely are, you do not need to be gunned that big. A 30.30 will do just fine or a bow. Black bear are soft skinned animals and very easy to penetrate. The bear will keep coming back. If you do decide to eat it, get a nice salami recipe. Pretty dang good!

If we are talking black bear, which we most likely are, you do not need to be gunned that big. A 30.30 will do just fine or a bow. Black bear are soft skinned animals and very easy to penetrate. The bear will keep coming back. If you do decide to eat it, get a nice salami recipe. Pretty dang good!

Exactly. Also in regard to shooting it, I know the OP doesn't want to do that anyways, but not all states allow for killing bears for these reasons, here we have government paid trappers and dnr who will set culvert style live traps and relocate the problems bears though since the population is quite high I think killing problem bears is a better idea than moving them to become a problem elsewhere.

There has been 21 fatal Black Bear attacks in North America since 2000. Despite what the cute and furry crowd claims the vast majority of these attacks were predatory in nature and they were committed by male bears, not sows with cubs. Good luck with that laying down and playing dead or possum thing during a Black Bear attack because the bear, he aint a playing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_bear_attacks_in_North_America

Last edited:
Well, I'm not sure the bear is still coming around; there isn't any evidence and there isn't much for him now. But thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom