Beat up rabbit need advice!!!!

mgw

Crowing
13 Years
May 29, 2010
Eastern Wa.
I answered an ad on CL about free New Zeland and got 6 of them yesterday. The folks that had them free ranged them so they had to catch them and put them in a hutch so I could pick them up. They were not sure of the sex of them so they stuck them in the hutch together. The dominant male (a large red) beat the tar out of one of the black males. His ears are chewed up really bad, and he has many bites and even one on his back that is missing the hide and a hunk of meat. We have him inside ina cage right now. We gave him food and water which he ate and drank all of, he still isnt moving around much this morning but he seems okay. Is there anything that we should put on his wounds to help them heal? Is there anything that we sould be doing for him that we are not thinking of? any advice would be a help. T/Y

Poor bunny...
I would clean the wounds with a mild dilution of Betadine and apply a thin layer of Neosporin. I'd do this twice/day for a few days. That sould do it, as long as the wounds aren't too deep. If he stops eating, antibiotics may be in order. Good luck!

Poor bun bun,
is he feeling better today?
if not, 1 cc of Propen will probably do him a world of good and another 1cc on Sunday.
give just under the skin, not in the muscle.
i have been treating a female lionhead for the last week with "rye neck" most likely caused by an inner ear infection and after a lot of research on the subject and a not too hopeful prognosis, i am happy to report that she is a day away from rejoining her friends out in the barn.
clap.gif

we were able to get some betadine yesterday and clean his wounds with it and apply neosporin to them. he is doing much better today he is eating well and seems to be moving around more. We are hoping he continues to get better, so he can rejoin the other rabbits outside in a few more days.

Back
Top Bottom