bedding for brooder

lobeaux

Hatching
Feb 12, 2015
is it better to use the larger pine wood chips or will the pine bedding for small animals be ok? or is there a better type bedding to use?

thanks for the info I will give it a try and see how it works. just did not want to use something that would not be good for the little guys :)

is it better to use the larger pine wood chips or will the pine bedding for small animals be ok? or is there a better type bedding to use?
I have used the larger pine shavings and had no issues with it not absorbing. I have found that large pine shavings are also easier to clean as well. I guess it just depends on what works best for you, and I don't think you could go wrong with either!

I bought the smaller ones because it said 'less dust' on the package.

Man, if this is LESS dust I'm sure glad I didn't get the others, LOL

you'll be fine with either.

I use larger pine shavings and a lot of sweet pdz. They are crazy little dust factories! They like to dig to the bottom and take dust baths in the sweet pdz.

Last edited:
They should adjust to it. Mine hate anything new. I used shavings in their brooders when they were little. I just switched over to the flakes in the coop. I think they will produce less dust. My chickens would not go in the coop with the new shavings until I bribed them with treats, so just be patient.

Back
Top Bottom