bee stings?

Bryce Thomas

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
The girls have been very quiet this week and for some reason one started screaming for no reason. I go out to check and everything is fine other than 3 or 4 bees flying around. They soon leave and the girls are fine. Was sone of them stung? If so Ill need to check and remove the bees stinger

The girls have been very quiet this week and for some reason one started screaming for no reason. I go out to check and everything is fine other than 3 or 4 bees flying around. They soon leave and the girls are fine. Was sone of them stung? If so Ill need to check and remove the bees stinger
I am not sure if they can be stung or not, but I wouldn’t see why not on exposed skin. I did read an article though about some research done on chickens and it said that they have an instinctive fear of insects that fly and sting. I’m not sure how true it is, but I do notice my girls run from bees and wasps in our yard. Perhaps yours were afraid and that explains the sound you heard?

I am not sure if they can be stung or not, but I wouldn’t see why not on exposed skin. I did read an article though about some research done on chickens and it said that they have an instinctive fear of insects that fly and sting. I’m not sure how true it is, but I do notice my girls run from bees and wasps in our yard. Perhaps yours were afraid and that explains the sound you heard?
I have 4 hives in the backyard, and my 4 month old birds scratch all around, and even walk across the entrance boards. I'm always worried they will get stung.They seem to have no fear of the hives.

Back
Top Bottom