Been nervous to post! DIY

Great job. I can see lots of little details built into the design.

Is that a skylight? Awesome!

You might consider a poop board / poop hammock under the roosts. I use hammocks but in your case a pull-out tray might work. It just keep the litter clean (oxymoron) and less maintenance in a coop with wood floors.

We hadn't thought of that, they've been in it for two and a half months now and I dedicated a broom to the coop and I sweep it out via the back door, but I was thinking that the floor would need to be treated or replaced eventually. And ya, hubby gave them a window and a sky light! This weekend he bought the girls solar lighting as well. We just picked the book "chickens for dummies" so I'm sure he'll be tweaking his design a bit.

My hubby builds LEED Certified Multi-Family and Single Family low income housing here in the valley, he was a custom home builder for most of his 30 year career, with the last 6 being devoted to the Coalition. His first project with the Housing Coalition finished 4 years ago, is still winning awards, 15 by my count so far. He's one heck of a green builder!

Thank you for the complements! And suggestions! He may know his buildings, but chickens are new to us!

Here are the girls on the inside and a picture of the window!

Thank you guys! I've been reading him your comments and its really been nice for him to have the feed back! None of his builder friends would understand! LOL I'm really lucky that he enjoys the chickens as much as I do!

Now if they would just lay some eggs for us.... He'd really go nuts over them!!!

He mentioned the idea of installing an air conditioning unit in the hen house for summer!!! So I've got my fingers crossed!!!

Back
Top Bottom