Bento Box Fever!

woot.gif
Love it guys!!!! Hooray for bento
ya.gif
Cant wait to see more creations...

I just got back from a parent conference and the teacher had lots of good things to say about my bentos and octo-dogs!
lol.png

Mine is taking a car shaped egg and two octo-dogs tomorrow. I got uncured turkey dogs at Whole Foods. I tried doing them with Tofu Pups but the tentacles didn't curl. Not a huge hit. The turkey dogs worked great. He's also got Veggie Stix, , whole grain crackers, a Stonyfield's Farm yogurt tube, watermelon chunks, and Annie's chocolate chip bunny grahams. More than he can eat but a little from most of the important groups.

Quote:
Yum! OK, uncured turkey-dogs. Shouldn't we be able to make something like that, if we have the turkeys? We're going to make turkey sausage out of a couple of our birds this winter...wonder how hard it would be to make turkey-dogs? There is a fantastic looking recipe for chicken & apple sausage I found online, too, that you can make into "hot-dog" form.

I bet you could! They have chicken and beef ones also. He also likes chicken and apple sausage. The brand here is Al Fresco. Gobbles that right up!

Quote:
That should work. Whenever I buy sausage (which is rare these days!) I always seem to take it out of the casing anyway! I know my cousin makes venison sausage but I've never seen him do it. I like the idea of adding spices to your own taste. mmmmm!

I used my LL for the first time the other day, and it was wonderful! So compact, and I was shocked at how much food I could jam in there.

The only problem was that I put yogurt in one of the open containers with some fresh pineapple, and the pineapple leaked juices on the inside of the big container. I DO wish the other sections had lids, although I guess if they had lids, they'd probably get lost like all the other ones in my cupboard...

Amy

Last edited:
so we were thrilled with our new bento box and i made him this lunch for today.

photo2.jpg

it actually had two weiners but he ate one before i could close the lid. that's leftover hamburger that i cut up into 4's. i think the weiner needed to be bigger because it didn't flare like a penguin when i cooked it. he helped me cut the weiners with the penguin cutter. he was thrilled! and there were 3 quail eggs when i started but i popped two in my mouth. i LURVE quail eggs. especially grilled on the barby. the bottom tray, i put white rice which i cut lines into and then made X's with nori and O's with furikake.

i also included in his insulated bag a small yogurt cup, potato chips and a fruit cup.

he was happy with yesterday's lunch. said there was too much, but he only left behind a couple of cubes of cheese and a blue jello.

oh, and i'm adding this picture cuz it's too cute and i wanted to share. LOL

eggcradle.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom