berrys and bananna peel for chick treats?

silkymom

Songster
10 Years
Nov 20, 2009
i have 21 birds, 6 adults, 10, 6 week old 5, 3+ week old, all but the babies get treats, im taking the little peeps out for some air and sunshine today wondered if blueberrys , wild balck raspberrys , banana peels along with kale and clover i usually give the bigger chicks, (in tiny amts of course) my bigger birds and chicks have never had fruit?

They will love you forever! Be sure to stand back because when they realize how delicious the treats are, you might get trampled by the chicken herd!
lol.png

i am feeding grit, i started a few days before i posted this, i did give the berrys to the older chicks and adults, they loved them i havnt tryed the peels yet, wasnt sure so i didnt give the little peeps anything but put the baby pen in a patch of clover, they loved it, thanks all

I
i have 21 birds, 6 adults, 10, 6 week old 5, 3+ week old, all but the babies get treats, im taking the little peeps out for some air and sunshine today wondered if blueberrys , wild balck raspberrys , banana peels along with kale and clover i usually give the bigger chicks, (in tiny amts of course) my bigger birds and chicks have never had fruit?
don't think I'd give them banana peels

Someone else just asked about B Peels and i have one ready. Should they be chopped up tiny or just toss em in with 7 voracious pullets who just began laying?
I

don't think I'd give them banana peels
This thread is 5 years old, you nuggets
Mine will eat the inside of the peels, but mist chickens won't touch bananas.

Back
Top Bottom