Best affordable hatcheries for ducks?

FernbergFarms

Songster
Apr 20, 2019
Northern Minnesota
Hi, I’m looking to add a couple more ducks to my flock and I had a great experience with Murray mcmurray last year but this year their prices seem a bit too high. I only want to get 2 hens so I can replace the two drakes I’m going to sell and I would like to get a runner hen and a welsh harlequin. At Murray McMurrray it was $75 for two at Meyers it was like $99 and Metzer it was like $66 . $33+ a duck seem insane and it’s because they add on a $40+ shipping fee. Last year I paid about $80 for 5 ducks which I wasn’t 100% convinced on but I’m a duck-aholic so of course I paid that😂🤷‍♀️ This year that same price for only 2 seems a little high tho. Does anyone know of any good hatcheries that sexes their ducklings and doesn’t have an outrageous shipping? All our feed stores only get straight run ducklings or else is just pick them up there😕 also if I buy 10 ducks I think I get free shipping but at that point it’s the same price without the shipping and I don’t have enough space for 10 more ducks🙁

My Welsh Harlequins are from Cackle, they're good quality and I think it was $72 for three hens and a drake, but that was a few years ago. Cackle doesn't have as much of a Runner variety though. Enjoy your ducklings, Welsh are so cute when they're little

Back
Top Bottom