Best hatchery for Golden300 Layers?

goats-n-oats

Songster
Feb 10, 2022
Hi duck lovers, I would like to get some more layers as there is a real demand for duck eggs in my area and no suppliers. I also want the ducks to have only brown or black feathers, as sometimes my ducks sleep outside on the pond at night and this coloring makes them invisible to predators (just my theory). So Pekins and White Layers are out. Do you have any experience with Golden300s, from Metzer, or any other hatchery? Do they really lay that many more eggs, and larger eggs?

Yes I got golden 300's from murray mcmurray
8 years ago
i heard they get their ducks from metzer
so now i buy direct from metzer
with good results
the goldens are wonderful ducks and yes they live up to the expectations

Ok perfect thanks.
Do they keep laying at the same rate their whole lives or trail off after two years like chickens?
Yes I got golden 300's from murray mcmurray
8 years ago
i heard they get their ducks from metzer
so now i buy direct from metzer
with good results
the goldens are wonderful ducks and yes they live up to the expectations

I have one more thing to say about the golden 300 layers last year when I was purchasing ducklings midseason I wanted to add a couple more golden 300s but they were out of them already. They sell off really quick because they’re popular and there aren’t as many of them. So if you’re ordering get your order in quick.

also some of them have some white patches on them like one of my golden 300 duck named general flower. her whole neck is white.

also some of them have some white patches on them like one of my golden 300 duck named general flower. her whole neck is white.
Hmm, OK. I doubt metzer takes special requests but I'll ask. Was the white patch visible with her duckling down?

Back
Top Bottom