Best age to sell turkey poults?

SarahGfa

Crowing
6 Years
Jan 26, 2018
My turkey hen disappeared and just came back with 13 poults :he They are very cute but I can't keep them. What's the best age to rehome poults? I am not trying to make money, just want to make sure they are past the "fragile" stage. Also I am worried that they will have seperation anxiety if I remove them from mom. My brooder poults always yelped for attention nonstop. Basically I need a plan of action or else I will procrastinate and end up with way too many turkeys.

My turkey hen disappeared and just came back with 13 poults :he They are very cute but I can't keep them. What's the best age to rehome poults? I am not trying to make money, just want to make sure they are past the "fragile" stage. Also I am worried that they will have seperation anxiety if I remove them from mom. My brooder poults always yelped for attention nonstop. Basically I need a plan of action or else I will procrastinate and end up with way too many turkeys.
I prefer to sell them as day old poults but will sell them at any age.

Can you sex them by head shape at a day old?
I have been very good at it but I won't guarantee sex until they are 4 to 6 months old. Of course I charge more for guaranteed sex.

Of course I never choose my keepers until around 6 months old because there are other characteristics that are important.

@Quarterhorses1 can tell/show you how she tells sex on day old poults.

I have been very good at it but I won't guarantee sex until they are 4 to 6 months old. Of course I charge more for guaranteed sex.

Of course I never choose my keepers until around 6 months old because there are other characteristics that are important.

@Quarterhorses1 can tell/show you how she tells sex on day old poults.
Thank you for the tag! I use the back of the head to sex them , and if you PM me I’m willing to help you learn my ways of sexing them!

Back
Top Bottom