Best backyard chicken that are friendly, easy to tame, etc.?

I feel oike I'm seeing ridges on chicks A.... does it have a straight comb? That wouldn't be common for SLW, but I did have 1 GLW with a straight comb and she was a pretty girl.

Your others are pullets. :)

Agreed about leg color... nice catch!

What is SLW? GLW?

I think I remember it is straight comb. I have to look at again and get close up pictures. I know it hard to tell on that picture of their combs because it had some black markings on it. So far there are no red and waddles. It is still some yellow. Their legs have black markings on it.

It will be later tonight because I have to work 2 jobs.

These all look like pullets

Yay! I hope so!
1f62c.png

What is SLW? GLW?

I think I remember it is straight comb. I have to look at again and get close up pictures. I know it hard to tell on that picture of their combs because it had some black markings on it. So far there are no red and waddles. It is still some yellow. Their legs have black markings on it.

It will be later tonight because I have to work 2 jobs.
SLW = Silver Laced Wyandotte GLW = Gold Laced Wyandotte

I truly think it is specific to the actual chicken. I got 3 hatchery blue wyandottes....One is the sweetest, friendliest little 3 month old chicken EVER, 2 are more skittish, my EE's are not easy in any way, My Buff Orpingtons are awesome....just not overly friendly but not flighty, My polish are sweet. My Cochins are NOT as sweet and friendly as proclaimed in all the reviews and such, they are loud and scrared, my Brahmas are sweet and friendly enough but not great layers and they eat a ton.

This is one of those questions that has no answer, only opinions and experiences. I'll add that the friendliest chickens I've had were Speckled Sussex and Dominique. Least likely to be a lap chicken goes to the EEs. But every chicken I've had has been tame enough to take food from a hand so I think them all worthy of consideration and the EEs are rockstar layers.

Back
Top Bottom