Best bait for a mink

Ya it might not work if you had outside cats lol. You might catch them first. Thats originally why I started using eggs for foxes because we had barn cats and strays around that kept setting off the trap. They didnt care about the eggs but the foxes loved them.

Ya it might not work if you had outside cats lol. You might catch them first. Thats originally why I started using eggs for foxes because we had barn cats and strays around that kept setting off the trap. They didnt care about the eggs but the foxes loved them.

Yeah lol kinda defeats the purpose. Barn cats are all departed so it should be okay, just trying to think of something i have on hand to set this tonight.

I caught one last night using the leg of one of the dead chickens as bait. First time trapping anything. You can see the chicken claw on the left side of the cage.

. IMG_20191123_074700154.jpg

Omg wow, you did it! Congrats. He's awfully cute though lol. I always have to have DH do the dirty work and remind myself what chicken murderers they are.
I am in the process of putting up hot wire round my coops/runs now due to the raccoon actually chewing straight through heavy plywood coops again. Its cheaper than continuing to fix them and I could probably trap them forever and new ones just keep showing up.

I have a mink problem... i have tried using the kills but that doesn't seem to appeal to it.

What is my next best option? i need to catch this bloody thing before it wipes out my entire my chicken flock.

Thanks all.

To update i have baited my trap with some cat food at least for tonight as i had it on hand, still open to other suggestions. Hopefully i catch something.

To the OP, what evidence do you have that you have a mink problem?

Have you seen one or ??????????

Back
Top Bottom