Best breed of quail for a neighborhood?

I only have experience with coturnix and I love them, what purpose are you keeping the quail for?
1f642.png

Hello
My wife and I are on our first hatching of quail.
I have read hours on the internet and was wondering on the size of my chicks, if they are large enough to be classified as jumbo browns

Here is the 14 day weigh in

To,orrow will be 21 day and the large hen from the video above weighed in at 169 grams tonight at 20 days.
will make video tomorrow and post it again.

Thanks

Ok I have heard great things about Coturnix Quail, so I will probably get them. I am keeping them for their eggs because I have heard they taste way better than chicken eggs and are considered a delicacy in some parts of the world. However, I will not use them for meat because I would probably get to attached
1f604.png

Then that works out because a group of coturnix hens aren't going to be loud - the worst you'll hear is some cricket chirping if they're calling for a mate and maybe some soft creepy screeches during egg laying time :p

Shouldn't bother your neighbours, a dog barking is waaaaaay louder and they will probably think it's crickets if they even notice it :)

I have really close neighbours and they haven't even noticed I have them as they only make cricket chirping noises which is super cute but can barely hear them over the sound of running water as I have a pond with a waterfall ! I have 7 quail one male and 6 girls ! X I love them my little monsters ! X

I have 5 adult hens. I started out with 7 and learned how much snakes love them.

At Christmas we hatched our first batch. 7 out of 12 viable eggs have survived to be 2 weeks old.

I have another batch in the incubator of Giants and Goliath. (Larger cotunix selectively bred for their size).

So just warning you; it can turn into an empire!

Back
Top Bottom