Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hiland naturals

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Purina

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
For me, Purina flock raiser tops Nurena all flock for freshness, nutrition, and price. Also, one of my cats had an allergy? to Friskies and/or Meow Mix, but has completely cured/healed after switching to Purina cat naturals.

I have nothing against Nutrena, I do buy it. Just not as the main feed.
Fair enough, just like me with nutrena being the freshest near me aside from a local New England company called poulin grain which is based in my neighboring state in Vermont(if I remember correctly or NH). The local feed store told me that they're both great products but he recommended nutrena over poulin.

Fair enough, just like me with nutrena being the freshest near me aside from a local New England company called poulin grain which is based in my neighboring state in Vermont(if I remember correctly or NH). The local feed store told me that they're both great products but he recommended nutrena over poulin.
The Nutrena line is a fine feed.

I've looked at Poulin (possibly in response to another of your posts. They don't publish nutrition information online, makes it impossible for me to compare remotely. Someone did publish one of their labels, and also a Dumor label. The amino acid profile was not optimal. I don't recall if it was sub Nutrena, (I think it was actually, but am not certain), but definitely sub Purina.

The Nutrena line is a fine feed.
I'm not thinking you guys aren't thinking that either. I more or less made this poll to allow folks to create a discussion to look more into feeds(quality, freshness and needs all whole trying to consciousness of the price) and I'm not saying all Purina is bad either, but after finding their terrible quality in dog food years ago it turned me off to the name overall. I have considered going to Purina but ultimately went with nutrena as it was more widely available than Purina. To much my surprise, the local TSC's and runnings did run out if Purina for a short time too which I didn't care for.

I've looked at Poulin (possibly in response to another of your posts. They don't publish nutrition information online, makes it impossible for me to compare remotely. Someone did publish one of their labels, and also a Dumor label. The amino acid profile was not optimal. I don't recall if it was sub Nutrena, (I think it was actually, but am not certain), but definitely sub Purina.
You gotta do some digging but you can find it on their website(at least I did) you cam find the nutritional value and breakdown just not their ingredient list.

Purina Dog Food is NOT made by Land O Lakes, the producer of Purina Chicken Feed. Poulin grain has all the nutritional info on their website, plain as day.
Good to know it's not made by the same maker. But im more than happy about my choice with nutrena especially when I found out where my bag of feed came from(locally)

Poulin grain has all the nutritional info on their website, plain as day.
Yep, loading for me now. Problem with having one bar of cell service for internet - particularly after I'm out of high speed data for the month, sometimes pages don't completely load for me. Their nutrition is suboptimal, when compared to the standards, studies, and published recommendations on which I rely.

...and before anyone gets defensive about their favored feed brand, I did not say "bad", merely suboptimal. It appears to be a decent feed, just not a great one.

Last edited:
From what's available to me at TSC, I buy Nutrena All Flock. I wanted higher protein but in pellet form as my birds were still young and the only other 20% protein was Dumor Chick Grower crumble. My local feed store has Southern States Flock Balancer on their website but I never see it in stock so havent been able to try it. It's 50#, a few dollars cheaper, and seems to have pretty similar guaranteed analysis to Nutrena (i've only did a quick skim). I may switch them to Dumor all flock now that the youngest are 18 weeks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom