BEST GIFT EVER!!!

ashyannehand

Songster
11 Years
Jun 25, 2008
Wade, Mississippi
Day before yesterday I got a message from a old friend I went to nursing school with on Facebook. She asked me if I would like some more chickens. Her mother had some she was wanting to give away. I said sure.
big_smile.png

Yesterday afternoon, my sis and I went to her parents house with cages and a net at the ready. We ended up with 32 chickens!
ya.gif

My sis is new to the chicken game and took 6 hens. I took the rest. I am now up to 49 chickens and two turkeys.
ep.gif

It is a mix of several diffrent breeds and sizes, even bantams. I am so excited.
wee.gif

Like I said this was the BEST GIFT EVER.
woot.gif

By the way - does anyone know how to keep the bantams from flying out of my fenced area. They have 1/4 acre to roam but the roosters insist on getting out. I did clip all the bantams wings (one side) when I got them home. I thought maybe someone else had a suggestion. Thanks!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I KNOW!!!

I am so excited. My children share my excitment, but my hubby is kinda like "great, more chickens to crow" He would rather have more Boston Terriers.
big_smile.png

My friends have taken to calling me "chicken momma". If I had the room and was able to feed them all, I would have 100. (looks like I am well on my way!)
celebrate.gif

The little bantam roos are my favorite. When they crow they do it with their whole body as hard as they can. Their feet almost come off the ground. It is so funny!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom