Best Hatcheries?

Ebove06

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 17, 2014
Hi,
I am looking for the best hatcheries. I am located in Arizona. I am looking to order welsummers, and polish.

This all depends on what you want to do with your birds? If you want exhibition birds avoid hatcheries altogether. If not many hatcheries require a minimum order so when shipped the chicks they keep each other warm. Murray McMurray is located in Phoenix, Arizona which has both Welsummers and Polish. Look at the reviews that people give and compare the positive to the negative.

This all depends on what you want to do with your birds? If you want exhibition birds avoid hatcheries altogether. If not many hatcheries require a minimum order so when shipped the chicks they keep each other warm. Murray McMurray is located in Phoenix, Arizona which has both Welsummers and Polish. Look at the reviews that people give and compare the positive to the negative.

I looked into Murray McMurry, but I am only am going to get 3 chicks, and their minimum is 15 (I think).

You're going to find the same problem in a lot of places because shipping can be hard on chickens. Do you have a feed store near you? Feed stores sometime take orders like that so you can get the birds you want without that struggle. To get past the 15 minimum you could get other people who might be interested in getting chicks. Since Murray Mcmurray is in the same state do they do pickups for less?

If you order 15 polish from McMurray you won't have trouble finding homes for the ones you don't want...We're getting $20/ea for polish(sexed, $15 if not sexed)...We will be buying many from then for $4/ea and turning them for $15-20 as we only have 7 female polish and they can't meet demand, especially this time of year....

And McMurray is great, I called to change an order due April for more expensive birds and they ate the difference...So far, in dealing with them for 3yrs now, I have nothing bad to say, your experience may vary....

Last edited:
If you order 15 polish from McMurray you won't have trouble finding homes for the ones you don't want...We're getting $20/ea for polish(sexed, $15 if not sexed)...We will be buying many from then for $4/ea and turning them for $15-20 as we only have 7 female polish and they can't meet demand, especially this time of year....

And McMurray is great, I called to change an order due April for more expensive birds and they ate the difference...So far, in dealing with them for 3yrs now, I have nothing bad to say, your experience may vary....

I think that I will do that! That is a really good idea!

Back
Top Bottom