Best Hatchery?

I have ordered from hoovers hatchery. Very very good a friendly people. If yu are anting egg layers two thums up. These are the best people and they have the best overall egg layers. I had a problem with 2 chickens that had bad legs and they said that they must have been put in there on accident and they said to take good care of them and they feunded my money back($3.10). There egg layers are just as good as the big farms. If you are wanting other rare breeds then they don't have them.I believe teh most expensive chicken is a EE female which is $2.10. Very good people and very good quality. They have

Production Reds
Black Australorps
Ameraucaunas
Barred Rocks
White Rocks
Broilers
Red Sex Links
Black sex Links
Buff Orpingtons
California Whites
White Leghorns
African, Chinese and embden geese.
Guineas
Alot of Ducks
Peacocks
Pheasants

My only experience is with MPC and I got just what I ordered 8 hens 2 roosters all healthy and active when they arrived and they are now laying their first eggs at 21 weeks.
The nice thing about MPC is how few you can order and they are packaged superbly.

the reason that I thought Ideal was kindof a scary hatchery was that someone got their BCM's from them and the eggs weren't any darker than their RIR's eggs. Mostly its the bird's breed quality I saw from that. Ideal, i have now seen, ships their chicks much more securely, and I guess the more common type chickens would still be healthy...
hide.gif

I would just say that if you get BCMs get them on eggbid
Ideal does have a great selection of breeds. ive seen breeds on there that i havent seen on other websites.

If you are interested in getting Welsummers the ONLY hatchery to use is Estes. Their line is from Calicowoods breeding and you'll get beautiful birds that lay dark eggs.

Back
Top Bottom