Best low light in coop?

lenanjer

In the Brooder
Nov 6, 2022
Hi All! Finally realized that my rotatable cameras in my coop shut down because of dark, which is when I want to check on my brood! I don't want to disrupt their sleep patterns but my camera needs some form of light to operate. Does anyone have any suggestions on some form of lighting that wouldn't bother the chickens? TIA.

What do you mean "shut down?
They can't 'see' in the darkness...or they won't rotate...or.....?

Best not to have light in the coop at night, they need periods of darkness to be healthy and productive.

The cameras just don't operate when it gets dark. We keep our chickens in a coop and runs at our office and our home is very close by. I like to check on them at night. I'm wondering if there is a light that maybe chickens are not sensitive to? Or, will a small nightlight bother them?

The cameras just don't operate when it gets dark. We keep our chickens in a coop and runs at our office and our home is very close by. I like to check on them at night. I'm wondering if there is a light that maybe chickens are not sensitive to? Or, will a small nightlight bother them?
I suspect you going to either have to choose between interrupting the well being of your chickens, forgo the video at night, or buy a new camera.

Back
Top Bottom