Best NATURAL MOSQUITO REPELLANT I've Ever Used!

valentinebaby

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
Sherman-Denison, TX
I've seen several posts concerning people having to use somewhat toxic sprays to fend off mosquitoes while feeding or spending time with their flock. A few years ago, while on the Texas coastline, I discovered that a lotion I was using to help with my dry skin from the sea salt kept mosquitoes away from me as well -- and mosquitoes really like to bite me!

It's called "Watkins Vanilla Hand & Body Lotion." You must apply it liberally and everywhere your skin is exposed. I've put it on my face and hands, only to discover the hard way that the *@!$ critters had found my unprotected ankles. I always recommend it to people with children, cuz they really shouldn't be around those sprays that have that awful chemical in it. I found mine at Walmart, but they're not carrying it this year for some reason, so will have to search for a new source.

Can't recommend this product enough - it works for me each and every time. But again, you can't put it on too lightly or miss any exposed spots (like the neck..).

DS and I are skeeter snacks most of the summer and I am trying Vitamin B-complex this year along with high fresh garlic intake. We love watkins but its hard to find outside of the Fair booth without going online to the site and ordering (which I do at times).

Quote:
Thank you very much it is really good info to know, because for me I do alot of constructions clean up, tree removals and landscape and this thing will make my life easier.
lol.png

I've heard about the Vitamin B deficiency problem (which I occasionally have had) and have tried taking pills and even tried the garlic pills, but this is the only thing that has ever worked for me. Mosquitoes dive for me like a heat-seeking missle and with this product, they will sometimes fly around me but rarely touch down. Again, if you find it doesn't work too well, put it on a bit thicker. I've also heard of people applying real vanilla to their skin - but that would just be too strong for me. This lotion has a nice mild smell and even when it's past its prime, still seems to work!

I know I can buy the lotion directly from Watkins, but they sell it for $9.99/bottle and then you have shipping on top of that. Last time I bought it at Walmart, it was around $4.50 - I guess you could call me cheap!

I believe it is - I know that some organic websites promote applying real vanilla - it's just too strong for me--not to mention more expensive, and that's why I like this lotion.

Back
Top Bottom