Best place to purchase the gqf wafer thermostat

Quote:
I wished I had known about the price at a HVAC store. Perhaps, I am lucky with mine cause it is rock steady maintaining the temp - even with ambiant temp shifts. I chose mine because it was cheaper than the wafer t-stat and it did not seem to have the issue of replacing wafers... So for $16.00+/- a few cents and free shipping I am very happy. But, I intend on building a larger bator - one that will fit auto turners - I'll go to the HVAC store and get one there...thanks for the input.

Quote:
I did a small search after my last post and found them for as low as $8 and change. Ebay sellers are notorious for jacking up the price on cheap items. I guess figureing nobody will take the time to search and find them somewhere else. Sort of like the Water heater thermostats a couple of years ago, Ebay was advertiseing them as solidstate, electronic incubator thermostats and selling them for $14 to $25 each when they can be found at most any hardware store for $6 bucks. When you take a water heater thermostat apart, you will find it is nothing more than a small wafer thermostat inside a plastic body. Nothing electronic or solidstate about it.

On another note, if you can find the small space heaters on sale this spring for around $10 like they where last spring, you can just buy one of them and take your thermostat out of it. I have several laying around here now from when I was taking the parts out of the space heaters and building incubators out of them. Fans, thermostats, and heating elements can all be used to make a home made incubator.

Back
Top Bottom