Best Prefab Coop

CrazyFaceFarms

In the Brooder
May 1, 2018
I have bought two coop like those, (not the same brand) they do not last long. It was only a 1 year before I had to replace the roof and nest box area because it rotted out.
They are still nice though.

Your much better off buying some 2x4's and cattle panels and making a hoop coop. Prefabs are mostly junk.

This one https://www.amazon.com/zoovilla-Country-Style-Chicken-Coop/dp/B06XKVL9MZ (note you don't need anything after the / in the link) is at least a sturdy looking coop. Unfortunately only good for indoor use as no ventilation is provided.

Put your location in your profile so it's always there.

JT

What JT says. You can put up a hoop coop in the same amount of time that you would take to put any of those pre-fabs together. When you are done, you will have a structure that can be easily repurposed into a garden shed, green house, chicken tractor. I would make a hoop coop 8 x 8 so it would have some repurpose value.

I 3rd what the other two say. When I first moved to the US in 2016 my wife got me two chickens to keep my sanity while job hunting and getting used to a new country. I bought a similar coop to that and it didn't even last a PNW winter. The wood swelled up and began leaking, and I had to do a lot of work to it to keep it usable.

From my experience, there is nothing under even $500 that will last more than a year. It's a false economy so you either pay now or pay later.

Back
Top Bottom