BEST SMALL TOWN COUNTRY STORIES

texaschickmama

Songster
12 Years
Sep 19, 2007
Poolville, TX
I just thought it would be fun to hear small town country stories. You know like Green Acres. I want to keep this thread nice and clean and family oriented. Only good uplifting stories allowed. Thanks. Here is mine.....................

Well, we were living in Golden, TX. It was 7:30 on a Saturday morning and I was very pregnant and really enjoying my sleep. The phone rang, it was the woman from the post office she said, " Hi, Mrs. Hawkins, you have a package down here and we close early today. I did not want you to have to wait until Monday to pick it up." I thanked her and went and got it. I thought, wow, where else but Golden, TX do you get a personal call to tell you to come get your package at the post office.
gig.gif

I guess it just gave me a feeling of country livin' when everyone knows everyone and everyone knows your business. I love livin' in the country. Anybody else?
frow.gif

Last edited:
Not really a story but:
I love living in the south. I know there can be "country" in almost any state so instead of saying that I love country living I'll say I love southern living...it's a whole nother way of life that I could never leave. I've been to other states and I've been out of the country (once to Italy) but I will never move out of my state. I LOVE NC!!!!! I love NC so much that I tend to be very protective over her, she's my state and I want her to stay clean, the animals protected and the people popluation down. Is that to much to ask??
lol.png

Last edited:
We moved to rural GA from Miami, FL. I was 13, going through puberty and feeling very unhappy about the change in lifestyles.

What got to me was how friendly everyone was. The neighbors brought us stuff from their gardens and invited us to church and just generally made us feel welcome (even though they called our property "the old Hewitt place" for 5 more years).
What really got to me was how, as vistors would leave our house, they'd say "Ya'll come go with us!"
I thought it was just a saying. So one day I said "OK" and acted like I was getting up to go with them. Well their eyes lit up so I bright I didn't have the heart to say "Just kidding." And I got hauled over to their place, shown all around, fed some cookies (offered dinner) and then driven home.

Southern country people really are the sweetest people around!

I live in a really small town in NC. We have 1 stop light. About 1.5 ago there was this family that was burned out of their home and the youngest son was not breathing when the fireman got to him but when they got him outside they were able to revive him. He stayed at UNC for a few days to let his lungs heal up. The community rallied around the family and a new trailer was donated to them as was clothing and almost everything else needed to get started all over. Churches held fund raisers to help offset costs while his parents were taking care of him. I ate more spaghetti and barbecue but as long as the money was helping out another family in need, I didn't mind. That to me is what community is all about.

HA HA!! WE have 4 stoplights!!
Altho I dont " fit in" here. The ladies at the local bank where I bank are great. A few weeks ago,I went to get some cash, and the teller at the window( Ellen) says....hang on, I have something for ya here. ???????? So she slips a few papers through the window....and says...I was going through accounts last night, and your direct deposit had not posted yet, but a debit was going through. You was 15 cents short....so I added it to your account...I hope you dont mind. My jaw about hit my lap! I said....mind?? NO, Thank you SOO Much! She gave me the deposit slip, and a printout of the account. 15 cents ALMOST cost me about 50 bucks!! Whew....glad the bank ladies and I get along! LOL

I love small towns. They have their drawbacks, but all in all they rock. People actually care about each other. Wonderful story. Bless your heart, you probably spent that last .15 cents on those rescued babies.

Back
Top Bottom