Best treatment for gapeworm?

Pics
I can't find oxine in the UK?
Does anyone know anything else that works for fungal infections that can be sourced in the UK?

Just a little update.

Charlotte helped herself to a little mash last night which is the first time she's shown interest in food in days. She wasn't interested this morning though so had to syringe feed her again.
There are no irritated eyes this morning and her breathing sounds absolutely fine, she's still very quiet though :( Have had to put her in the dog cage as my goldtop is picking on her, nasty so and so.
Hopefully she'll feel better soon x

Wow, very sorry you don't have Oxine in the UK. You might check into the cost of buying it online and see what it would run. I get mine from Amazon. Your vet should be able to tell with testing if its fungal or not. Hope they get better soon.

Wow, very sorry you don't have Oxine in the UK. You might check into the cost of buying it online and see what it would run. I get mine from Amazon. Your vet should be able to tell with testing if its fungal or not. Hope they get better soon.

Thank you :) I'm sure with Charlotte it's not fungal - her symptoms now fit all the generic resp. infection symptoms. The tylan seems to have really helped with her symptoms but she's going downhill, like she just can't be bothered and is giving up :(

With my cream legbar the symptoms do seem like it could be a fungal infection, if the tylan doesn't help I will take her back to the vets and get her tested. The cheeky so and sos haven't touched their tylan though!

If its not fungal and your dealing with MG and your decision is to treat you should check out Denagard there's a initial treatment then give monthly to prevent flare ups. Best of luck to you.

Fantastic, thank you so much!

Sadly I don't think Charlotte is going to make it
hit.gif
she seemed to be getting better but is much worse today. I love this little girl, she is such a sweetheart, but she has no energy and is just sitting with her eyes closed.

Is there any last minute efforts I can try to give her a boost? x

Can you get some Avian Super pack mix it with water and get some in her with a dropper. If she will eat anything try scrambled eggs and buttermilk. Sorry she's not doing well.

Avian Super pack is a vitamin and electrolyte mix if you can't find Avian Super pack you should be able to find something like it.

Thank you, but I couldn't find anything like that in our petshop, I asked if they knew where I could get some and they had no clue :/
I picked up some fish pate cat food for her and mixed it with the tylan and water, she seemd to enjoy that and I managed to get her to eat a fair bit. She's just so sleepy :(

Back
Top Bottom