Best way I've found yet to deal with snake problems!!

thumbsup.gif
thanks for the tip... what a great idea....

Quote:
I used to live on 25 acres of woods with a big pool and a creek on the land. I was up to my you know what in copperheads and water moccasins. I had several close calls out in the woods, so I made a little sawed-off 20 gauge "snake charmer" that I slung over my shoulder. It came in handy a lot. I am like you, I let the non-poisonous ones do their jobs. Unless they were big enough to eat small pets and such. Then it was a one way ticket to snake heaven for them too.

I live alone (go figure LOL) Anyone who knows me and comes to visit already knows there is no telling what might be chilling in my freezer LOL Actually I have chest freezer in the house for food stuffs, I have an up right freezer in the shop that when the weather gets hot I fill with bottles of water to put in the animals waterers to help them through the heat, when they've thawed I just put them back on for the next day

Quote:
A Deep Freeze isn't likely to house the ice bucket. Either way, he said the snakes are contained in a jar.

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Can't you see mother-in-law grab the wrong jar?
barnie.gif
.....and the best part is you don't spend as much time making tea and more with your chickens
woot.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif

I think the freezer is the most humane method of dispatching as well. I have left chicks out from under heat lamps to pass, rather than letting them suffer needlessly. They just go to sleep peacefully and never wake up.
hu.gif
It's how I'd want to go. I generally let the non venomous snakes go as well, unless they're in my coop. I have had to get rid of quite a few this year, though...the hens took care of about half a dozen small ones for me. They sure love a slithery treat
lol.png

I just saw that you live down by Lexington. We actually looked at a house and some land down that way, (just off I-35) but it was the steady trail of Copperheads heading under the house that made us pass!

Back
Top Bottom