Best way I've found yet to deal with snake problems!!

Pics
Hi there I was wondering if you could explain how the trap works. I see the hole to the cage where I'm assuming the snake crawls in but cant they get out the same way. Please explain.. Needing to get rid of a few copperheads. Thanks..

Hi there I was wondering if you could explain how the trap works. I see the hole to the cage where I'm assuming the snake crawls in but cant they get out the same way.  Please explain..  Needing to get rid of a few copperheads.  Thanks..

That's exactly how it works. Set the trap up against something like a wall or fence (they like to travel up against something a lot of times) and make it to where hopefully they will crawl into the trap as they are traveling down the wall/fence. You might need to mound a little dirt up not leaving a crack or hole (so they can't get by the trap without going into it) to direct them into the trap. Once they get in they can't find the hole to get back out. Good luck and be careful.

Last edited:
Was bitten by a baby copperhead (identified by Eric Trager of Snake Farm) Friday just outside my house. After a helicopter flight and 6 vials of Crofab, I am following your model... I have 2 traps set outside with a couple store bought eggs in each. Will see what happens. Cautiously optimistic, and hopeful. Thanks for posting your findings on the internet! Brad Nace

@bwn001... Oh wow, I'm glad you are alright! So many people want to act like venomous snakes are okay to have around - that "live and let live" bolony. Simply not true! Good luck on getting rid of them.

What is the difference in a corn snake & a copperhead?

A Copperhead is venomous, very dangerous. A Corn Snake is a Rat Snake, harmless to people unless they make you hurt yourself. Many people have Corn Snakes as pets. There is a huge market for them.

Breeders have come of with several different colors/morphs of Corn Snake. Very pretty colors! Great pets: feed them about once every five days, don't bark, etc.

Last edited:
Yup. I've darn near broken several bones trying to get away from a "harmless" snake that surprised me in the barn or shed.

HA! They don't shake me up too bad UNLESS they are in striking distance when they surprise me. That will make your heart do a leap! haha

HA! They don't shake me up too bad UNLESS they are in striking distance when they surprise me. That will make your heart do a leap! haha
A while back I cut the wire on an old bail of hay, can't remember now what I was going to do with it but when it came apart a 6' bull snake came out of it and over my right shoulder. For all of 3 seconds I was a mix of spider man and ninja.

Back
Top Bottom