Best way I've found yet to deal with snake problems!!

Pics
A while back I cut the wire on an old bail of hay, can't remember now what I was going to do with it but when it came apart a 6' bull snake came out of it and over my right shoulder. For all of 3 seconds I was a mix of spider man and ninja.

HAA!! I can picture that! They will definitely make you hurt yourself. LOL I was walking down my sidewalk one day and one was hid up under the edge of some landscape blocks. I guess I bumped it with my foot because it jumped up and over the blocks and I jumped about three feet in the air. Scared me to death, the I about doubled over laughing. hahaha

I would never had thought of using a minnow trap. Around my place I got the prairie rattlers and copperheads. I have yet to see a non poisonous snake here and I been here for over 2 years.

I got a few cookie friends I guess I could give the rattlers too. They'd probably eat them.

Got me thinking now about traps.. Thanks

I would never had thought of using a minnow trap. Around my place I got the prairie rattlers and copperheads. I have yet to see a non poisonous snake here and I been here for over 2 years. 

I got a few cookie friends I guess I could give the rattlers too. They'd probably eat them.

Got me thinking now about traps..  Thanks

Find you some King Snakes. They will thin out the venomous ones. They will eat them like candy.

WOW, thanks so much for posting this! I got so excited that I ran to the basement and started building some traps. Luckily, we have everything needed to build a few of these traps.

For about a month I noticed that my egg production was waaay down and wondered: is it the Alabama heat? Are the hens eating the eggs? Are my hens sick? Then I encountered a 5 or 6 foot snake right in the henhouse. I killed it and there were the remains of at least 4 eggs in its gullet. Oh yes, I found my culprit!

Unfortunately, another snake is in the henhouse right now! Its position made it impossible for me to "shovel" without having my face within striking distance. Searched for info on traps and found your brilliant stuff.

SERIOUSLY, THANK YOU!

I will post a pic of my first catch :)
And I guess there will be many, many catches this summer.

WOW, thanks so much for posting this! I got so excited that I ran to the basement and started building some traps. Luckily, we have everything needed to build a few of these traps. 

For about a month I noticed that my egg production was waaay down and wondered: is it the Alabama heat? Are the hens eating the eggs? Are my hens sick? Then I encountered a 5 or 6 foot snake right in the henhouse. I killed it and there were the remains of at least 4 eggs in its gullet. Oh yes, I found my culprit!

Unfortunately, another snake is in the henhouse right now! Its position made it impossible for me to "shovel" without having my face within striking distance. Searched for info on traps and found your brilliant stuff.

SERIOUSLY, THANK YOU!

I will post a pic of my first catch :)
And I guess there will be many, many catches this summer.

Here is a video showing you how to make a trap using window screen. I think a piece of pvc pipe would work too.

Here shows you how to make one with wood frame and hardware cloth (for some serious snake catching).

Black Kingsnake.

Please don't kill any King Snakes. They are really your friend if you can keep them out of your henhouse. I don't kill any snakes unless they are venomous. I have relocated a few Rat Snakes in the past. But everybody should handle snakes and other predators how they see fit.

thanks triple willow! I will watch out for the king snake, we definitely have some of those. I am seriously considering relocating the non-vipers, but the jury is still out. I would definitely relocate a snake-eating snake, though!
:)

thanks triple willow! I will watch out for the king snake, we definitely have some of those. I am seriously considering relocating the non-vipers, but the jury is still out. I would definitely relocate a snake-eating snake, though!
:)

You're welcome and good luck to you. I wish I had a bunch of King Snakes around here. Mostly what we have are big Rat Snakes. I wish I could post the pics I have of a Rat Snake that ate a squirrel out of a tree in my back yard. I would have had a hard time believing it if I hadn't seen it.

Back
Top Bottom