Best way I've found yet to deal with snake problems!!

Pics
Wow, pretty copperheads....so long as they can't bite me they're pretty...if they were in my yard they'd be ugly. Dead and ugly
lol.png
wow yeah copper heads gosh, but can you eat them...? like eating rattle snakes...?
clap.gif
right on Cindiloohoo
thumbsup.gif
..lol..good one Dead and ugly
lol.png
lol.png
gig.gif
....lol..love it
gig.gif

I have seen 4 Copperheads in three weeks. I have lived here 26 years and have never seen a copperhead. We relocated one of the snakes because I didn't want my husband to kill it. The copperhead had gotten tangled in my blueberry netting. I cut the netting off and we took him 2 miles away to a wooded area to relocate it, no houses near by. If I use the minnow trap can I remove the snake from the trap without getting bit? If I can't use eggs for bait, what should I use? Since I have seen so many, should I call a professional to remove them?
Thanks!!

I have seen 4 Copperheads in three weeks. I have lived here 26 years and have never seen a copperhead. We relocated one of the snakes because I didn't want my husband to kill it. The copperhead had gotten tangled in my blueberry netting. I cut the netting off and we took him 2 miles away to a wooded area to relocate it, no houses near by. If I use the minnow trap can I remove the snake from the trap without getting bit? If I can't use eggs for bait, what should I use? Since I have seen so many, should I call a professional to remove them?
Thanks!!

I think the freezer is the most humane method of dispatching as well. I have left chicks out from under heat lamps to pass, rather than letting them suffer needlessly. They just go to sleep peacefully and never wake up. /img/smilies/hu.gif It's how I'd want to go. I generally let the non venomous snakes go as well, unless they're in my coop. I have had to get rid of quite a few this year, though...the hens took care of about half a dozen small ones for me. They sure love a slithery treat /img/smilies/lol.png

For snakes, freezing is an excellent method I believe. However for warm blooded animals, the process of hypothermia is excruciating. By the time one has the hallucinations and warm feeling, much agony has been suffered complete with violent shivering, icy/burning feeling,whole body muscle spasms. Horrible way to go.

Egg eating snakes are best dealt with by putting golf balls in nests. For smaller snakes, large marbles. No need for beheading or freezing or drowning. Ingesting a golf ball pretty much takes care of things for you. Snake crawls off (or sometimes can't make it back out through fencing) & dies from the blockage. Poisonous snakes have no business near my farm & I'm wicked with a hoe.

Wow, what an idea ! I will have to keep that in my file of freeze, drown, hatchet, and shoot .....LOL thanks
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif

I'm not being rude in any way but, how in the world do you know so much about the symptoms of freezing ??? I am just curious is all...
idunno.gif

I'm not being rude in any way but, how in the world do you know so much about the symptoms of freezing ??? I am just curious is all...
idunno.gif

Some people live in cold climates where many people have close calls with this sort of thing.
edit: not saying that is how the person you asked knew, but that is how people in general know.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom