Best way I've found yet to deal with snake problems!!

Pics
When I lived in SW MO, we had 2 acres of woods behind our house. LOTS of copperheads! I fed a sweet feral momma cat and helped take care of her kittens when she had them. BUT she never let me get too close or pet her. In return, she killed copperheads regularly and left them as presents at my door with their heads bitten off! Best system I could have ever imagined!

I don't think I've got any snakes that I've had to deal with to date, really, but I'm mentally filing this one away. Very cool hack!

I dry the snake skins with salt for a few days, then put it into a jar filled with half rubbing alcohol, and half glycerin (used to make soap). Shake it up twice a day for three days and take it out to use it!
smile.png

Brucewayne-really! Coolest name to have if its true. Surely no snake is going to mess with Batman's chickens.

Thasks for this thread. I have a 4,000 gallon pond and I battle snakes every year or so. They eat the frogs and have done a number on my fish as well. I've ordered my first minnow trap and plan to catch and relocate.

Guinea Fowl are supposed to be really good at getting rid of snakes, plus they eat all of your bugs!!!!!!

But how in the world do you keep them ON your property. I want some when I move just for that and ticks but I am afraid they will wander. Had some years ago and poof....gone....I LOVE GUINEAS.....

But how in the world do you keep them ON your property. I want some when I move just for that and ticks but I am afraid they will wander. Had some years ago and poof....gone....I LOVE GUINEAS.....
I am getting some this year, but I have done lots of research. Feed them at night in their coop which gives them an incentive to come home. Also you could try clipping their flight feathers...

Last edited:
I am getting some this year, but I have done lots of research. Feed them at night in their coop which gives them an incentive to come home. Also you could try clipping their flight feathers...

Thank you.....In your research or you already may know..Do they have the very same requirements as chickens in coops ? I just had a no frills cage for them at night. They love roosting in the trees but feeding them like you said will eliminate that.

Back
Top Bottom