Beware about Hilltop farms

Pics
I wish I had seen all the negative reviews sooner. I tried to work with them despite the setbacks in my order, but they were very slow in communication the whole time if not completely unresponsive (at least until you pester them), and difficult to work with. They ask you to fill out their cancellation form when they can’t fulfill your order and then blame the customer for cancelling the order and charge their cancellation fee for them not doing anything.

Unfortunately we can't control them removing negative reviews on their own website.

What I would like to see is an external "scratch" system, where you mark a website and any visits beyond that point don't count toward their stats with the browsers.

Any time you go to a website, even to leave a negative review, it pushes their presence on the search engines. I'd like to have us, the users, in control of that, even if only to vote "no."

Unfortunately we can't control them removing negative reviews on their own website.

What I would like to see is an external "scratch" system, where you mark a website and any visits beyond that point don't count toward their stats with the browsers.

Any time you go to a website, even to leave a negative review, it pushes their presence on the search engines. I'd like to have us, the users, in control of that, even if only to vote "no."
Ikr? Only negative review that can’t removed is in Yelp app/website. I haven’t seen any new positive or negative review for a while in the main website. Look like an owner is on pause with a review for a while. I’m just keep hope new clients will see here before go ahead and buy chicken from the hilltop farms. :(

Don't trust Hilltop Farms. I had chicks shipped to me and they arrived on time after a two day journey. The chicks did not have enough hydration to last the scheduled travel. Some chicks were dead on arrival and many died hours after arrival. All the surviving chicks were weak and in poor condition from being so dehydrated. They were in a box that was so small they couldn't stand. I don't know if the chicks were sick before they were packaged but the chicks have been sick and almost all of them died over the coming weeks. I asked for a partial refund from the company and they won't give me one. They want me to get a refund from the postal service. This is a farm issue and it is very unethical for this farm to scam the postal service and it's customers this way. Please don't buy from Hilltop Farms.

I have to add that I would not order from Hilltop Farms again. We ordered 4 pullets in 2020. One immediately came down with coccidiosis. We were fortunately able to get her to a vet to diagnose and treat. We also felt HF should have communicated better as she was listed as an Ameracauna but is actually an Easter Egger. The next year, one got sick and was on a slow decline until she and another died recently - diagnosed at UC Davis as Marek’s. We paid to have them vaccinated for Marek’s but our vet said that Hilltop Farms has a bad reputation for their approach to Marek’s vaccination. In summary, we love our flock (living and passed) but we would never buy from this breeder again.

Back
Top Bottom