BEWARE who you hire to watch your flock & your other animals

chickenmomma2

Chirping
7 Years
May 27, 2012
Hi! Just wanted to give a heads up on who you hire to take care of your flock. I made the mistake of hiring a family friend to take care of the flock and feed my cats.

Long story short...the chickens got out of the run. One of my cats is currently in the hospital close to death because this person didn't water my cats. The cost is going to be between $600 & $800.

This college kid, who've I known her entire life clearly did not do what she was suppose to do. My first warning sign, which I ignored, (stupid me) was she was texting someone while I was giving her instructions. The second warning sign was that she was going to get her sister, the chicken whisperer, to help her.

Upon return home I found the refrigerator that eggs are kept in left open, all cat food gone that was enough to last a couple more days and chickens who were stressed.

PLEASE, please, PLEASE.....learn from my mistake and research your sitter carefully. Luckily I didn't lose any chickens but I may lose one of my cats.

Hi! Just wanted to give a heads up on who you hire to take care of your flock. I made the mistake of hiring a family friend to take care of the flock and feed my cats.

Long story short...the chickens got out of the run. One of my cats is currently in the hospital close to death because this person didn't water my cats. The cost is going to be between $600 & $800.

This college kid, who've I known her entire life clearly did not do what she was suppose to do. My first warning sign, which I ignored, (stupid me) was she was texting someone while I was giving her instructions. The second warning sign was that she was going to get her sister, the chicken whisperer, to help her.

Upon return home I found the refrigerator that eggs are kept in left open, all cat food gone that was enough to last a couple more days and chickens who were stressed.

PLEASE, please, PLEASE.....learn from my mistake and research your sitter carefully. Luckily I didn't lose any chickens but I may lose one of my cats.
Wow, what a bummer. I hope she at least tries to help with the vet bills since she is the cause of them. I am very lucky to have great neighbors who keep chickens, too, so we help each other out when I or they are away. Otherwise I don't know what I'd do.

WOW. That sounds unbelievable. We have a neighbor homeschool kid watch ours and she does great. She's really into birds in general.

Also, don't leave this guy in charge of the hen house no matter how much he may want to!
upload_2017-10-24_14-45-47.png

I am so sorry for you! We were blessed with amazing neighbors who came over several times before we left to address different questions about everything that could possibly happen to the chickens. I hope your cat pulls through!

Back
Top Bottom