~~~Bible fan club~~~

CayugaLover

The Duck Whisperer
7 Years
Aug 24, 2012
My own imagination. Beat that!
This is a thread for posting your favorite bible book, capter, or verse, pointing out something you noticed in the bible, or talking about bible/christian related topics, like anti-abortion or anti-evolution. go ahead and chat about the bible! this is a kind of a Christians-only thread.
big_smile.png

my favorite chapter of the bible right now is Job 41. doesn't Leviathan sound like a dragon????

if you know where to look, there's also gryphons and unicorns in the bible... although i think the gryphon and unicorn are parts of dreams. the leviathan/dragon is in real life.

My favorite chapter is Corinthians 13. It is simply beautiful.

As for the Leviathan, you can also find references in Psalms 74, 104 and Isaiah 27. Isaiah 27 does state "In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea."

My brother pointed out to me how it is interesting that the Chinese Zodiac is composed of all living animals, except for the dragon and suggested that they too may have once lived on the Earth. There is some speculation that dinosaurs may have been called dragons in times of old. Of course, you would have to dismiss the time frames that scientists have put on dinosaurs and people to make this connection.

Last edited:
My favorite chapter is Corinthians 13. It is simply beautiful.

As for the Leviathan, you can also find references in Psalms 74, 104 and Isaiah 27. Isaiah 27 does state "In that day the Lord with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea."

My brother pointed out to me how it is interesting that the Chinese Zodiac is composed of all living animals, except for the dragon and suggested that they too may have once lived on the Earth. There is some speculation that dinosaurs may have been called dragons in times of old. Of course, you would have to dismiss the time frames that scientists have put on dinosaurs and people to make this connection.
i dismissed the scientists' time line long ago. the bible says in genisis, chapter one, verses 24 through 31, that dinos and humans were created on the same day!
and if you're not going to believe that what genisis says is real, why are you reading the bible anyway?
and does the chinese zodiac include kangaroos?

Carbon dating, since carbon decays at a set rate, by studying the carbon found in a fossil you can accurately measure the age of that fossil by seeing how much it has decayed. For fossils that are very old, like a dinosaur fossil, you can use radiometic dating of the rock the fossil is enclosed in to determine its age.

and if you're not going to believe that what genisis says is real, why are you reading the bible anyway?
Because it's a famous book, and knowing about the classics is good? You don't need to believe Harry Potter is true to read, and even enjoy, it.

Back
Top Bottom