Big news!!!

COngratulations! So glad I am not near that water, LOL. We have 2 daughters and Lord (ahem..hope he is listening) that is ENOUGH!
smile.png
As far as birds...Out of the ....hmm HOW many breeds do I have now?? Shoot maybe 8-10 or so...I have to say the friendliest I have, really for ME are the Lt. Brahmas. My daughter though can man-handle those Barred Rocks like crazy! But you have those. So, my vote is definately the Lt. Brahmas. They always run to me for food. Most of my birds are kind of 'detached' and independant, but my 3 starter Brahmas I have now, will never be for sale.
Kristi

Congrats on the new little one!!! You have been Blessed!
smile.png

Easter Eggers are wonderful! Come in every color, pretty muffs & beards, sweet personalities and pretty blue/green eggs. I have 5 EE hens and 2 Roo's right now and had 4 others. One of my white girls "Beauty" landed herself way up in our spruces the other day. What a pretty sight! Looked like some exotic bird peeking out through the green & snow. I have a pretty pic but haven't tried posting yet.

My goodness, you're really going to have your hands full.
th.gif
I'm the youngest of 8 & I don't know how my mother did it.
I vote for some Buff Orps
love.gif
you get some of those girls & get rid of your bator,lol. they are wonderful moms & very friendly.
Congrats on the little one.
smile.png

Quote:
Congratulations on the new baby! As for interesting chickens, I want to raise Buttercups, but I'm told it's too cold around here. I think they're really pretty!
smile.png
But since I have no chickens at all take it for what it's worth
wink.png

Congratulations!!! I'm guessing that none of your daughters is a teenager yet??!!! LOL!!!

I'll second the vote for Buff Orps, or any color Orp - they are the sweetest things and beautiful to look at.

Lori

Congrats! I love the idea of a big fam, I only have one brother but I don't know what I would have done as a kid without him! (probably yelled less, haha)

As for chickens! You need more bantams! I would suggest cochins, they come in so many colors and are so sweet and cute! I also really liked my OEGB when I had her. She had the best personality. Although none of my suggestions are too good for eggs..go broody too much, lol!

First let me say.....CONGRATS on the new coming baby! What a wonderfull Christmas surprise!
Now, for the chickens...the "other" babies....
gig.gif

I have Silver Pheonix.....and they are sooo sweet!! Small...yet beautifull to look at.

Buff Orps.....great layers...great broodys..and very docile!

Langshans...great layers...huge and very friendly.

Ameracaunas...very sweet also...plus the benefit of blue/green eggs!

I think cuckoo marans are an interesting bird. I am going to be hatching a few this spring. If you are interested, email me and i will send you the info i found for quality eggs.

Back
Top Bottom