Bird flu?! Please help!!

ryujinfantasy

Chirping
5 Years
May 10, 2014
Wright City

Help! This is my d'uccle rooster. Lately he's been slightly less social than usual and his comb seems to have darkened. The comb also feels cold at the ends but it's the middle of June.

Is it avian flu?? What do I do???!!

He may be dehydrated, so I would offer him some electroltes in his water. Check his comb often since they can change color at times. My d'uccle rooster has done the same thing at times toward the back of the comb, only to look normal later. Feed him some egg along with his normal food, and watch his droppings. You also might consider worming him with Valbazen or SafeGuard.

Thanks so much! It totally slipped my mind that he had an accident earlier this week. He got stuck in the spring of our barn door and had apparently hung there for about two minutes. Could he be suffering some side effects from that??

That's probably the answer. Mine jumped into a nearly empty trash can containing corn and stayed there overnight with the lid on. He nearly suffocated and was very dehydrated, but thankfully was found in time.

Back
Top Bottom