Bird toys?

Nyxish

In the Brooder
10 Years
Nov 23, 2009
So my mom loves the chickens. It's kind of adorable. She asked me if the chickens would like bird toys - like parrot toys? - for the coop for Christmas. And i... have no idea. i'm kind of assuming they are uninterested. But... i might be wrong.

Do chickens and/or guineas like toys?

Last edited:
D.gif

Kinda new myself but I think they'd enjoy a head of cabbage or a butternut squash more than a toy. Food is mostly what they are looking for. Have fun!
thumbsup.gif

I don't think so, but you can hang a head of cabbage in the coop and it will keep them entertained, but my personal favorite is buying a bunch of crickets and taking them to the center of the run and turning them loose! I love watching them chase crickets all over the place, it is hysterical!

I've wondered this myself when I go to Petsmart and wander through the bird aisle. I do feed my girls millet stalks for parrots and they love them. They also get a head of cabbage to poke at and they love this as well. I'm thinking they wouldn't be interested in toys, per se. But I am relatively new to chickens, so who knows?

that's a good question. I've never heard of anyone doing that, but I don't see the harm in it, especially if they're spending more time cooped up if it's cold where you're at, might help liven things up a bit
smile.png

They would probably only have interest in toys that dispense food. There is a parrot toy that is a round wire ball you can put treats in. It usually comes with a bell too. I think they would love that. My chickens didn't care for cabbage, but you could put whatever yours like in the ball.

They might enjoy a new roosting "toy" for the run

Back
Top Bottom