Black copper maran comb blackened

Petitebird

Songster
Dec 24, 2020
The bcm rooster’s comb turned black at the end, but he acts normal, eating, drinking and chasing girls. Should I be concerned?

Attachments

• 4381D26A-40E9-4173-A990-1FDE8C24D002.jpeg
    4381D26A-40E9-4173-A990-1FDE8C24D002.jpeg
    516.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 409FBB5D-D6AB-4E00-8FB2-838EC15BCF2E.jpeg
    409FBB5D-D6AB-4E00-8FB2-838EC15BCF2E.jpeg
    555.7 KB · Views: 4
It may be nothing. When they turn purplish like that it can be a circulatory or oxygen issue, but sometimes if birds are excited, startled or stressed or hormonal it can happen and will go away later. If he's acting OK then I'd just keep an eye on him.

It may be nothing. When they turn purplish like that it can be a circulatory or oxygen issue, but sometimes if birds are excited, startled or stressed or hormonal it can happen and will go away later. If he's acting OK then I'd just keep an eye on him.
Thank you! I am getting worried because I read it might be due to heart or lung problems

That is possible, but it's also possible that it's nothing to worry about. If it happens a lot, or he gets lethargic or acts abnormal, then I'd look for a reason. Roosters can get very hormonal and very excited in the spring when breeding becomes very active, so that may be all it is.

That is possible, but it's also possible that it's nothing to worry about. If it happens a lot, or he gets lethargic or acts abnormal, then I'd look for a reason. Roosters can get very hormonal and very excited in the spring when breeding becomes very active, so that may be all it is.
I see, thank you for the response

Back
Top Bottom