Black Copper Marans Cross Cockerels, Part-Bantam, 3 months old, in Oakland, CA

lizgarf

Songster
11 Years
Jun 4, 2012
I am searching for good homes for my beautiful, non-aggressive, part-bantam cockerels (young roosters). The eggs were from my own hens and fertilized by my breeder-quality, Black Copper Marans, Desi Arnaz Rooster, and were broody-hatched on 8/23. One mom is a bantam frizzled cochin, and her cockerel, Diego is not frizzled but might carry the gene; he looks like he'll be like a smaller fluffier blue copper marans, with crimson hackles, lilac & green iridescent highlights. The other's mom is a laced, unknown bantam breed, possibly sebright. Her cockerel, Frankie, has gold, copper, and iridescent green feathers, and was rescued from being almost-pecked to death as the runt of the hatch and then raised by a third broody mom, only to become a boy. All are fed organic feed from Modesto Mills and free-range daily.

My chickens are my pets with benefits, and my hope is these boys will find good homes where they can range regularly and have some lady friends to look after, and when it's time for them to move on, that they go peacefully. I will likely keep one of them myself, but keeping both is tough in my situation.
I won't ship, but I could potentially travel to a reasonable distance from Oakland for the right home.

The last pic is their Papa Desi, who's now living it up on a cattle ranch.

Last edited:
Good evening- I'm a chicken lover looking for a special little roo for my neighbors. They are a loving retired couple who got me started by rehoming a few extra hens to me. Now I'm hooked and the chicken world has brought me tremendous joy as it does them. I would very much like to drive down from the Sierra foothills and possibly meet you in Elk Grove if your willing and if you still have a small bahntam roo, "feather footed" for adoption. They keep asking me for a rooster however mine are still too tiny. I'm new to this foram and have absolutely no idea how to manage all of this- Just joined today! My user name is ChickensPureJoy hopefully we can connect. Take care. Hopefully I did this right and if not my apologies and maybe someone local to my nearby Jackson Ca area read this and may have a little guy looking for a tremendously loving home.

Hi CPJ!
I sent you a personal message. Let me know if you don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom