Black crested White Polish

Pics
These two are the interesting cross chicks. Either from the silver laced hen, or my white hen, seeing as those are my only two bearded birds and both chicks inherited that.

There’s a third, it’s mostly black marked, and I somewhat expect it to feather out like a silver laced.

This is the youngest of the bearded chicks, and nearly solid white. Its crest feathers are coming in black though. I set around 14 to hatch in conjunction with turkeys a few weeks back, and this was the only polish chick to hatch of those eggs.
IMG_8888.jpeg

The older interesting chick- the first one I realized to be a cross. Started out identical in color to the BCWs, but it’s been getting more pattern on its wings. Still seems to have a mostly white body, then a blue crest. I’m not totally sure what to make of it- still on the fence on what it may end up looking like as an adult. It’s still way lighter and closer to a black crested like phenotype than I guessed I’d get.
IMG_8891.jpeg
IMG_8892.jpeg

These two are the interesting cross chicks. Either from the silver laced hen, or my white hen, seeing as those are my only two bearded birds and both chicks inherited that.

There’s a third, it’s mostly black marked, and I somewhat expect it to feather out like a silver laced.

This is the youngest of the bearded chicks, and nearly solid white. Its crest feathers are coming in black though. I set around 14 to hatch in conjunction with turkeys a few weeks back, and this was the only polish chick to hatch of those eggs.
View attachment 3808114

The older interesting chick- the first one I realized to be a cross. Started out identical in color to the BCWs, but it’s been getting more pattern on its wings. Still seems to have a mostly white body, then a blue crest. I’m not totally sure what to make of it- still on the fence on what it may end up looking like as an adult. It’s still way lighter and closer to a black crested like phenotype than I guessed I’d get.
View attachment 3808115View attachment 3808118
I am interested to hear more about your cross breeding?

Back
Top Bottom