Black Jack 57 vs Leak Stopper

noirsphynx

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 3, 2014
Bon Accord, Alberta
I have a question about a coating for the coop floor and I'm hoping someone can help a me. I see that some people use the roof coating called Black Jack 57, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the Leak Stopper roof patch would be just as safe? I bought a pail of the Leak Stopper because I couldn't get the Black Jack 57 in a smaller pail but I could in the Leak Stopper. I just applied it and it does have a strong odour to it. In the summer do these types of coatings become a problem with the heat and releasing odour? I applied it to my coop floor and now I'm wondering if I just ruined my coop and I'm going to have to replace it completely with a new floor? Thank you to anyone who can give me some insight.

EDIT : Never mind Leak Stopper is nothing like Black Jack 57 and I'll be scrapping it up and putting Black Jack 57 on top of it =\. Lesson learned, ask on here first if I'm unsure. I'm such a noob =(

Last edited:
I should ask first too about the Black Jack 57. After I scrape the other crap up there will be some left behind stuck in the plywood, will the Black Jack 57 do a good job of sealing it all up so that the odour from the Leak Stopper stays sealed under the Black Jack 57? I think it will work okay and I'm trying desperately to not have to rip apart a coop I've spent forever working on.

Thank you so much for the response and the link, you've been very helpful!!! I just spent two hours scraping and scrubbing with cisol to get off as much as I possibly could. Now to let it dry & air out for a few days and then I'll put down the Black Jack 57. Whew, what a hard learning curve, lol. Thank goodness I don't have any chickens yet.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom