Black Mountain Speckle Anyone heard of it?

Flawedatdesign

Chirping
8 Years
May 18, 2011
Dixon Missouri
Trying to figure out if a few folks I know are just yanking peoples chain to have some fun. Black Mountain Speckle is what they are calling them and say they are super rare. I can't find any info on the web about the breed so I figured I'd stop in here.

Not that I know of every breed of bird, but I have never heard of them. Could you get a picture of these black mountain speckle. It might help with being able to say if they are a breed or what.

There are some guys here in Missouri that breed them, they are a bantam size chicken, really colorful, kind of remind me of a sweedish flower hen sorta color, with the speckles, beautiful birds. I think the guy that has a big flock of them lives around the Farmington Mo area.

No they are not game birds, and most people have not heard of them. A gentleman I think here in Missouri created the breed, he worked on them for 30 years until he died, he wanted them to become a recognized breed, but as of now they are not yet recognized as their own breed, but they do breed true. Another guy named josh got a flock of birds from this first guy, and several other people here have begun to breed them. I guess the goal is to get a new recognized breed of bantam. If anyone is interested I can get you in touch with one of the breeders.
And no they are not Mille Fleur D'Uccle notice the non feathered feet.

I have some and I believe they are olandsk drawf also , but I think he breed them bigger and hardier not sure why but they are larger than the drawfs more like the size of Japanese bantams

Back
Top Bottom