Black/Partridge Silkie & Speckled Sussex

TheOgdensmenagerie

Songster
6 Years
Feb 4, 2017
Eastern Montana
So I have a Black silkie hen who has gone broody. I'm letting her sit on my Partridge Silkies eggs along with her own. The only Rooster in the hen house is a Speckled Sussex.
I was wondering if any knows what those cross will look like?! Or if they will be Bantam or Standard size?

So I have a Black silkie hen who has gone broody. I'm letting her sit on my Partridge Silkies eggs along with her own. The only Rooster in the hen house is a Speckled Sussex.
I was wondering if any knows what those cross will look like?! Or if they will be Bantam or Standard size?
Likely black in color with some leakage... mid sized (seems like males pass their size to males and vice versa), ALL hard feathered in first generation crosses... then next generation bred to each other would be 50/50 Silkied/hard... I think. :p

Check out this COLOR calculator... (2nd drop down tab in English)
http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

Interestingly... it doesn't list Speckled as an option... So I would call it Jubilee (sometimes same colors are called different things in different breeds). However the calculator calls jubilee (Indian game) which I feel like MIGHT be different than standard jubilee as in Orpington for example as it appears to be white based. :confused:

I breed Speckled Sussex and Silkies. Though I won't be doing any crosses, your question piques my interest. :pop

I wonder if others know another color name than Speckled or Jubilee that I am unfamiliar with?? :fl

Back
Top Bottom