Black Sexlink?

Here are a couple photos from Purely Poultry and yes, as per DonRae, they are described as: "a new type of chicken being bred for both meat and egg production. These are beautiful birds that appear black or black with red at first glance. But then as the light hits them, their feathers flash in a brilliant blue and green sheen. They have greenish-gray legs and feet. Combs and wattles are red."

asian-black-chicken_04.jpg

asian-black-chicken_01.jpg

I wish the link had photos of the roosters. The red in them isn't something that is only red at first glance, it's really hard to miss no matter how the light hits them. I'll have to wait and see what the pullet looks like when she gets her next set of feathers in. She doesn't have any sheen to her at all so far, just kind of a dull black. It's the cockerels that are the showy ones.

EDIT: Oh and the chick pictured looked a lot like that, but the face and beak were all black. I tried a google image search for "Asian Black rooster" and just got a ton of images of those Indonesian all black chickens.

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Two cockerels and one pullet. I'm pretty sure they're "Asian Blacks", a new made-up type we've seen at feed stores the last 2-3 years.
DING DING DING! Donrae hit it on the nose. The hen is starting to get the white feathers on her neck and head. I just wish there were pictures out there somewhere of the Asian black roos. Once mine gets full grown I'll see if I can post pictures for others!

Back
Top Bottom