Black Silkie Pullet- Free to loving home!

silkieluver_07

Songster
11 Years
Jan 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hi, my name is Angel and I am very sweet and lovable. When I hatched out this past spring by a broody a piece of eggshell covered my eye and went unnoticed for a couple of days. Thankfully my owner saw the problem and helped remove the eggshell. I am partially blind in one eye but that doesn't stop me. I'd love a home that can take care of me even with my disability. Maybe even be a house chicken? My owner hates for me to be alone over the winter in my own individual cage.

If anyone feels that they can provide Angel a loving home, I'd greatly appreciate it. I do not have electricity in my coops and I feel Angel will get too cold in her own cage this winter. She is very tame and love to be held. Sometimes she holds her head a little quirky but thats because of her partially blind eye. She is free to a good, loving home! The picture shows the side with the partially blind eye

191.jpg

190.jpg

awww i wish i lived closer.id take her.i already have a house chicken.just curious,why do you have her seperated if shes only partially blind in one eye?

Quote:
Her brothers are finally getting the hang of mating and I didn't want her to get hurt. The boys can get rough without meaning to. Sometimes she will get really scared/nervous if you come up on her bad eye to quickly since she can only see shadows out of it.

Just wondering where in PA you are? I wouldn't mind taking on a special needs silkie. She would probably do nice with the polish bantam pullet that I rescued. She is kind of lonely and gets left behind often. I have an area for her to be housed separately but I feel bad putting her in by herself and the others are so used to free ranging that I just couldn't do that to them. I have one full size hen that is blind in one eye as well.

Quote:
I am in Waynesboro, Pa right near the Maryland border. I travel to Lebanon and Lansdale quite frequently if that closer for you. Sounds like you would give her an awesome loving home.

Wow, yeah I don't think hubby would let me drive 6 1/2 hrs to go pick up a chicken. Darn it she is sooo adorable. I wish I lived closer.

I definitely wouldn't mind doing a relay. I tried to get people together one time when I needed to go out to syracuse but it didn't work. If anyone has any ideas on how to do it I would love to take her in. I quarantine new birds for 6 wks to 3 months in the basement so that would give me an excuse to bring my polish into the basement as well. If I quarantined her for 3 months that would bring me to semi nicer weather and she would be nice and warm all winter. Basement isn't heated but heat leaks out of the vents that run upstairs so it stays around 60 f.

Quote:
Could you PM me the town where you live? I travel to Lansdale, PA pretty frequently because my boyfriend lives there. Maybe we could meet halfway or so?

Back
Top Bottom