Bleed out in eggs

Dfarago

Songster
Feb 23, 2019
High Desert, California
I have Muscovy ducks that lay and raise their own eggs and ducklings. My ducks have both successfully hatched and raised clutches separately however out of this clutch only one egg hatched out of about seventeen eggs. I candle every so often (not consistently but every two weeks) and out of those two became liquid in the shell, and the others look like blood vessels popped and bled out. They started out all looking healthy. I live in the Mojave desert and it’s been over 100 every day but their pen is in the shade. What is going on!?

TL;DR: out of seventeen only one egg hatched and when candling the eggs looked like blood vessels were popped. Why is this happening!?

I have Muscovy ducks that lay and raise their own eggs and ducklings. My ducks have both successfully hatched and raised clutches separately however out of this clutch only one egg hatched out of about seventeen eggs. I candle every so often (not consistently but every two weeks) and out of those two became liquid in the shell, and the others look like blood vessels popped and bled out. They started out all looking healthy. I live in the Mojave desert and it’s been over 100 every day but their pen is in the shade. What is going on!?

TL;DR: out of seventeen only one egg hatched and when candling the eggs looked like blood vessels were popped. Why is this happening!?
So sorry 😐 I don’t why it happened but feel for you

Very for us to actually tell you what happened to them without knowing all the environmental factors they were kept in including how the eggs were handled by you, and the mothers, humidity, exact temperature, The list goes on.

What do you mean by the vessels ruptured?

Back
Top Bottom