Blind chicken.

dgh

Crowing
15 Years
Sep 16, 2008
Not sure if one of the 2yr or 6 yr. Light Brahma hen. All birds (37) vax for mareks . I cannot find any sign of disease or condition. Vent is clear. Recently treated w elector a goat wormer (entire floc). I’ve been given lactated ringer’s but I’m out. Gave 2ml nutra drench no marked improvement. She will eat or drink if in front of food or water w other birds pecking. Wanders until stuck on obstruction. I’m out of ideas.

Can you post clear pictures of the eyes? You might want to keep her inside a wire dog crate with food and water fastened to the crate, where she will be in a familiar space. There can be many reasons for blindness besides Mareks.

Have you looked for cataracts? I've had a few birds get them. If you want to keep her, it helps a great deal to not move anything in the run/coop. Keep the food and water where they always are and don't add a lot of obstacles so she can figure out where things are

Can you post clear pictures of the eyes? You might want to keep her inside a wire dog crate with food and water fastened to the crate, where she will be in a familiar space. There can be many reasons for blindness besides Mareks.
I lightened the picture. Very week. Will probably cull. Never had thi happen 20+ years

Attachments

• IMG_3164.jpeg
    IMG_3164.jpeg
    496.5 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom