Blood covered egg!!!

Thanks for all your reply.

This morning, the egg from the leghorn still had blood smeared all over, but to a much lesser degree. The chicken poop was also bloody and slimy. There were multiple blood spots within the chicken coop.

I spent the morning driving around Guilford, CT area looking for a vet that would analyze the bloody stool. I've tried Central Hospital in North Haven & Guilford, Vet Hospital in Guilford, Branford, and Madison. Unfortunately none of the are currently taking new patients in the "exotic" category and refused to do the stool analysis. If anyone along the coastline CT can provide reference for a walk-in analysis, it'd be greatly appreciated.

The hen comb is somewhat paler, but she is otherwise in good spirit. Spent the entire day keeping up with rest of the girls scratching, dust bathing, and playing. I observed her vent, it seemed more pink / tender (? right word) but doesn't look anything extra-ordinary.

To be on the safe side, I've purchased the corid solution from TSC and added it to all of the girl's water supplies. Easy enough since I use a couple of 5gal water buckets. I plan to treat the water for 5 days, and for another treatment 2 weeks down the road.

If you have Nutri-drench on hand (or want to get some), it wouldn't hurt to dose her with it, since it's uncomfortably warm where you are, and she also apparently lost quite a bit of blood. Nutri-drench has vitamins including iron and also contains electrolytes, and is good to have on hand for all sorts of chicken emergencies.
1689901319000.png

Thanks for all your reply.

This morning, the egg from the leghorn still had blood smeared all over, but to a much lesser degree. The chicken poop was also bloody and slimy. There were multiple blood spots within the chicken coop.

I spent the morning driving around Guilford, CT area looking for a vet that would analyze the bloody stool. I've tried Central Hospital in North Haven & Guilford, Vet Hospital in Guilford, Branford, and Madison. Unfortunately none of the are currently taking new patients in the "exotic" category and refused to do the stool analysis. If anyone along the coastline CT can provide reference for a walk-in analysis, it'd be greatly appreciated.

The hen comb is somewhat paler, but she is otherwise in good spirit. Spent the entire day keeping up with rest of the girls scratching, dust bathing, and playing. I observed her vent, it seemed more pink / tender (? right word) but doesn't look anything extra-ordinary.

To be on the safe side, I've purchased the corid solution from TSC and added it to all of the girl's water supplies. Easy enough since I use a couple of 5gal water buckets. I plan to treat the water for 5 days, and for another treatment 2 weeks down the road.
Good Morning Guilford area " neighbor." We just started with half a dozen just hatched bantams as " Grandchildren bait." Hope U R well. Tally Ho

Back
Top Bottom