Blood tests.

Christie Loves Silkies

Songster
8 Years
Sep 13, 2011
Centeral Victoria, Australia
I don't know if I've posted this in the right spot if not I'm sorry.

So a week ago I had to have a blood test done, before I had surgery, it's now been a week since the test my arm is soo sore, like someone is poking it 1000 times a minute, is this normal or am I going to have to seek medical advice ?

Wanting advice on what to do and if it's normal for this pain to happen.

Thanks.
Christie

I would go see a doc. The last time I had blood work done, the nurse had a hard time finding a vein and had to dig around quite a bit in both my arms. It looked like someone had beat me black and blue by the tine he did what needed to be done. It hurt for a couple of days but not much more than soreness (think that achy feeling you get in your muscles after working out). Hope you're feeling better soon!
Nikki

Wow, yea- I'd think so! I didn't have anything like that happen. But if you have any amount of laceration from the needle that would explain the burning/poking sensation. It may be alright as long as it isn't looking infected, but I wouldn't think it would still be causing you that much pain after a week. I'd have it checked out just to be on the safe side.
Nikki
By the way, I :love Silkies too ;)

Wow, yea- I'd think so! I didn't have anything like that happen. But if you have any amount of laceration from the needle that would explain the burning/poking sensation. It may be alright as long as it isn't looking infected, but I wouldn't think it would still be causing you that much pain after a week. I'd have it checked out just to be on the safe side.
Nikki
By the way, I
love.gif
Silkies too
wink.png
Yeah rather long and kind bruising but doesn't look infected.

I have sever anxiety and as she was drawing the blood I started to have a panic attack hence the shaking.
I love Silkies like crazy haha my boyfriend thinks I'm a bit to loopy about them haha

I'm not too fond of having my blood drawn either. My husband has panic attacks sometimes, so I can understand how that works ;)

Silkies are the best!!!
Nikki

I went through the same experience a few weeks ago at a hospital in town. I suffered pain, discolouration and, eventually, some swelling.

It just got worse so I went to the nearby university clinic for an appraisal. The doctor said that my hand was infected and prescribed anti-biotics, which did the trick. Even though the needles come from sterilised packs, infection can get into the wound.

By the way, the back of the hand is not the best place for drawing blood. The inner arm below the elbow is better. Your body - you tell them.

I don't know if I've posted this in the right spot if not I'm sorry.

So a week ago I had to have a blood test done, before I had surgery, it's now been a week since the test my arm is soo sore, like someone is poking it 1000 times a minute, is this normal or am I going to have to seek medical advice ?

Wanting advice on what to do and if it's normal for this pain to happen.

Thanks.
Christie

Yeah rather long and kind bruising but doesn't look infected.

I have sever anxiety and as she was drawing the blood I started to have a panic attack hence the shaking.
I love Silkies like crazy haha my boyfriend thinks I'm a bit to loopy about them haha
Christie shouldnt hurt like that at all.I hve hd it done many times. Maybe the first day for 5 minutes pain ..after than not at all Maybe bruising not pain.
Mignt be infected in the vein not on the skin.Call doc now. Good Luck

Back
Top Bottom