Bloody Chicken Poop, Diahhrea, Poop Chart

I found small amounts of intestine lining in my one chickens poo which I think just started yesterday. It was also really runny between the two bloody ones. I isolated her but are my other chickens at risk and do I need to treat them as well?

I found small amounts of intestine lining in my one chickens poo which I think just started yesterday. It was also really runny between the two bloody ones. I isolated her but are my other chickens at risk and do I need to treat them as well?

i would get some corrid asap and treat all of them. I would also give the coop a good cleaning after you start treatment.

does any one know how much direct oral corid 9.6% in mL I need to give my bantam 2-3 lb chicken? I was told to give it to her directly in the mouth until I not longer see blood in her stool then do maintenance. Does that sound right?

does any one know how much direct oral corid 9.6% in mL I need to give my bantam 2-3 lb chicken? I was told to give it to her directly in the mouth until I not longer see blood in her stool then do maintenance. Does that sound right?
No idea, I used 2 tsp. of corid 9.6% liquid solution per gallon of water or 1tsp corid per half gallon of water. Give this for 5 days as the ONLY source of water for all chickens. If its a severe case, you could treat longer if you want. Also, treat all of your chickens, they have it already if they have been sharing water with the infected one.

Last edited:
In addition to the two teaspoons per gallon, you can give it orally at 0.1ml per pound. Fear not, it's quite safe, so you can do both.
big_smile.png
When I give it orally I don't usually have to do it more than two days in a row... by day three they seem to be on the mend and are drinking on their own.

Do oral two days along with 2 teaspoons per gallon (5 days), then do 1/2 teaspoon per gallon for 1-2 weeks.

-Kathy

In addition to the two teaspoons per gallon, you can give it orally at 0.1ml per pound. Fear not, it's quite safe, so you can do both. :D  When I give it orally I don't usually have to do it more than two days in a row... by day three they seem to be on the mend and are drinking on their own. 

Do oral two days along with 2 teaspoons per gallon (5 days), then do 1/2 teaspoon per gallon for 1-2 weeks.

-Kathy

Oh great thank you!
I was also wondering, can cats contract it from walking in the backyard? I was reading an older article that cats won't contract coccidiosis from chickens just animals of their own species, does that sound right. My cat likes to wander the backyard and we just noticed the poop was looking weird, wondering if she is at risk.

I have lots of questions I guess...:D
What is the best way to clean out the chicken coop after an outbreak? How often, what cleaning product, bottom of chicken run?
After treating with Corid, it says wait 24 hours before processing livestock, well I'm not planning on processing but I as wondering about consuming eggs? how long do you have to wait after giving last dose of Corid in water?

Last edited:
Hi. Two weeks ago I found blood in my chickens poop so I treated them with Corid for seven days thinking it was coccidia. After the medicine the chickens were normal acting and fine. It's been one week since the last dose of Corrid and I come out to blood on the roosting bars. I did clean all of their waterers and food bowls as well as the coop. Could they have gotten coccidia again or is this something else?

In addition to the two teaspoons per gallon, you can give it orally at 0.1ml per pound. Fear not, it's quite safe, so you can do both. :D  When I give it orally I don't usually have to do it more than two days in a row... by day three they seem to be on the mend and are drinking on their own. 

-Kathy

Oh great thank you!
I was also wondering, can cats contract it from walking in the backyard? I was reading an older article that cats won't contract coccidiosis from chickens just animals of their own species, does that sound right. My cat likes to wander the backyard and we just noticed the poop was looking weird, wondering if she is at risk.

Your cats will be fine. :D

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom